Card games are a craze for all. We all love playing card games. UNO is also a card game. I love playing UNO with my family. There are different types of UNO cards and there are different ways of playing it. UNO cards were developed by Merle Robbins, an Ohio Barbershop Owner.
A pack of UNO cards contain 108 cards consisting of number cards, symbol cards and action cards.
• One person must draw out seven cards for each player, one on the surface on which the game is being played and the remaining cards piled up neatly.
• All the players must keep their cards to themselves and should not show their cards to the other players.
• The first movement should be done by the first player, by putting a card matching to the card kept on the surface. The card should be matching to the opening card (the card kept on the surface can be also called as opening card) by colour, number or symbol. If the reverse sign is put, then the current way of playing will be changed i.e. if the current way of playing is clockwise, then if this card is put, then the way of playing will change to counterclockwise.
• If the ‘no’ symbol card is put, then the next player misses his or her turn. The player next to him or her puts his or her card.
• If the ‘Draw 2’ card is put, then the next player draws two cards from the pile.
• If the player doesn’t have any card matching to the opening card, then he or she can put an action card i.e. draw 4 or wild card. ( This is optional.) If the player doesn’t have an action card also, then he or she should draw a card from the pile. If the card taken from the pile is matching to the opening card then the player can put it. If it is not matching then he or she has to miss his or her turn.
• If the draw 4 card is put, then the next player has to draw out four cards. During this process, the player who put the draw4 card can the change the colour of the card i.e. for example, the opening card is yellow. So the players all have to put yellow cards no matter what symbol or number it has. But when the draw4 card or the wild card is put, then the player who put the card can change the colour to green, red or blue according to his or her wish depending upon one’s cards.
• This process goes on till a player has only two cards left. When a player is about to put his or her second last card, they have to say ‘uno’ or else if caught then the player has to draw out seven cards for penalty.
• When the last card is put, that player is the winner of that game. The winner gets the points as follows:
• After the points are calculated, the points are noted down on a sheet. Then they play the game again and again till a player gets 500 points. That lucky player is the winner of the whole game.
• When putting cards, put the cards of greater points first so that when the winner calculates the points, there will be less points for the winner.
• When a player next to you is having only two or one cards left, if you have a draw 4 card, then put that card so that the player next to you doesn’t win because he or she has to draw out 4 cards.
• Calculate your points correctly.
• Don’t use draw4 cards too often. You can use it when a player is about to win.
• Have a watch on everybody’s cards so that you can know whether he or she is getting caught. But do not peek into their cards. Just see how many cards they have.
So, by reading this you can understand that the aim of the game is: to win by having no cards.